FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for overall service delivery and leading customer service Reimbursement Accounts and Continuation Services staff.
Essential Position Responsibilities
• Coach and develop team members
• Handle escalated customer calls
• Research and respond to customer complaints
• Manage day-to-day duties of customer service team
• Monitor productivity and quality of customer service team
• Ensure appropriate changes are communicated to customer service team
• Communicate all service issues in a timely manner to the Operations Manager and as applicable, Customer Service Team, Client Service Managers and others as determined appropriate.
• Create and deliver training and competency testing
• Assess needs and develop Customer Service training tools
• Monitor incoming calls answered by representatives
• Audit quality of claims processed by representatives
• Process claims as needed
• Document Customer Service Processes and Procedures
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of customer service management experience preferred.
• Proficiency with computer, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and calculators.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of employee benefit plans required with preferred knowledge of FSA, HRA, HSA and COBRA
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
• Ability to follow through on critical issues related to customer service performance
Required Competencies / Qualities
• Demonstrates effective coaching skills and ability to develop others
• Demonstrates the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities.
• Must be detail and process-oriented.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, partners, the public, and clients.
• Adapts communication style and content to the needs and composition of the audience.
• Prompt and dependable attendance.
• Exhibits the following 121 Benefits values; positive energy, flexibility, accountability, responsiveness, do the right thing and deliver excellence.
• Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts.
• Requires the ability to lift files weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to work overtime when needed
• Ability to travel up to 10%, utilizing a personal vehicle.
The duties described above are the general nature and level of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required. The opportunity to work from home occasionally is based on business needs and determined by the Manager.
Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.