FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: President
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the Employee Benefits team with proposal writing, marketing and communications efforts. Obtains and communicates crucial information for these efforts, assuming responsibility for developing content and driving the process from start to finish in a timely manner. Manages proposal activity.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Employee Benefits team with proposal writing
- Assists with writing, editing, retrieving necessary graphic design materials, proofreading within specified deadlines.
- Interviews and gathers information to customize responses with input from content experts.
- Prepares tailored proposals to support client needs.
- Develops strong business relationships with leaders in an effort to proactively provide effective and results-driven communication and marketing assistance.
- Monitors content, provides creative ideas and gathers input for the 121 Benefits website at 121benefits.com.
- Independently handles sales referrals from the 121 Benefits team and outside consultants for small proposals
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communication, Marketing, Journalism or English.
- 1 year of experience writing, preferably working with Request for Proposals, proposal writing, marketing, business development, journalism or other related field.
- Experience in a Professional Services Firm is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be creative and have strong writing and editing skills.
- Must have strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to plan, coordinate and engage others for input.
- Exhibits the following 121 Benefits values; positive energy, flexibility, accountability, responsiveness, do the right thing and deliver excellence.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
The responsibilities, skill sets and requirements listed above are a synopsis of the work to be performed, but is not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required. The opportunity to work from home is based on business needs and determined by the Manager.
Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.