FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service Representatives (CSR) are responsible for handling phone calls for all lines of business including FSA, HSA, HRA, Transportation Accounts, Retiree benefits, COBRA and all Continuation Services. CSR’s will also be trained to process claims and assist with other duties to support the business.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer high volume of incoming calls
- In addition to answering calls, CSR’s will have daily tasks to complete including one or more of the following:
- Claims processing w/ a minimum of 99% payment accuracy
- Process debit card substantiations
- Support the daily mail process such as open, review, scan, sort daily mail
- Answer participant emails
- Send carrier notices daily with urgent updates to carriers as needed
- Review and distribute daily letters
- Assist with annual open enrollment mailings
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Proficiency with computer, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and calculators
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of flexible benefits plans, COBRA or other benefits plans preferred
- Strong customer service skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Demonstrates the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities.
- Must be detail and process-oriented
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, participants and clients
- Prompt and dependable attendance
- Exhibits the following 121 Benefits values; positive energy, flexibility, accountability, responsiveness, do the right thing and deliver excellence
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work 40 hours per week regularly throughout the year. Hours during peak times may be in excess of 45 hours per week.
The duties described above are the general nature and level of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required. The opportunity to work from home is based on business needs and determined by the Manager.
Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.