FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Continuation Services Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Accountable for phone and e-mail communication, insurance carrier updates, daily letter review and mailing, and helps resolve issues for participants in the continuation area. Assists in completion of annual enrollments and updates to client plans and rates.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prints, reviews and mails letters daily.
- Answers incoming calls and responds to incoming customer e-mail.
- Sends daily carrier notices and urgent updates to carriers as needed.
- Sends annual open enrollment mailings.
- Processes daily non-processed items from secure lockbox.
- Enters qualifying event files/spreadsheets.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of COBRA and state continuation is desired.
- Detail-oriented, with strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office and calculators.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to work occasional overtime through the year.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
The duties described above are the general nature and level of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.