FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: President
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for client retention and managing client relationships.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Retain assigned clients and develop strong relationships with them
- Maintain and develop strong broker relationships
- Participate in prospective client presentations
- Assist with proposal review and development
- Manage communications to clients regarding 121 Benefits’ services
- Development of participant communications
- Manage client service issues including communication with operations staff
- Attend or lead client meetings or conference calls as required
- Lead client implementation process
- Manage client renewal process
- Respond to client compliance questions
- Manage service delivery projects
- Cross sell 121 Benefits services
- Development and deliver presentations and Webinars
- Accounts payable follow up
- Manage Service agreements
- Promote 121 Benefits through social media
- Generate client reports
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business is recommended
- A minimum of 1-2 years of client management experience with a proven track record of success
- Technical expertise in employee benefit plans, COBRA, state continuation regulations, retiree and leave benefits continuation
- Experience working with employee benefits clients
Knowledge and Skills
- COBRA and State Continuation Regulations specific knowledge
- Client management and communication
Required Competencies / Qualities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct enrollment and prospective client and broker presentations
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, clients and brokers.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Exhibits positive energy, flexibility, accountability, responsiveness, integrity and a passion for delivering excellence.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts.
- Requires the ability to lift tradeshow booths and materials weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to travel up to 10%, utilizing a personal vehicle.
The duties described above are the general nature and level of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents.
Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required. Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.