FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to all levels of the Employee Benefits department. Their primary accountabilities include managing incoming and outgoing mail processes, printing, copying, stuffing envelopes and metering.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Admin support for the leadership team and department
- Front desk receptionist
- Coordinate and set-up meetings and conference calls
- Order supplies and maintains inventory, invoices and payments
- Monitor mailings and create mail merges for vended letters
- Log incoming checks
- Verify, generate, fold and mail substantiation letters.
- Develop/update fillable and other forms
- Office equipment maintenance and management
- Meeting and special event planning and execution.
- Stock Breakroom daily and clean refrigerator monthly
- Support customer service by processing debit card substantiations.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency with computer, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point).
- Office support or administrative experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to maintain and operate office equipment (Copier, printers, mail machine, folder).
- Strong time management skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility while working on multiple projects and meeting deadlines by setting priorities.
- Must be detail and process-oriented, with excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maturity.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and clients.
- Adapts communication style and content to the needs and composition of the audience.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Exhibits the following 121 Benefits values; positive energy, flexibility, accountability, responsiveness, do the right thing and deliver excellence.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week regularly throughout the year. Hours during peak times may be in excess of 45 hours per week.
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required. The opportunity to work from home is based on business needs and determined by the Manager.
Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.